Professional Association of Caregivers:
Recognizes the profession of caregiving and supports professional caregivers. The P.A.C provides caregivers with a community to support the profession and needs of senior caregivers. Members are expected to up hold the P.A.C Code of ethics.
Join the P.A.C to show your caregiving skills and strengthen your professional proficiency.
Empowering the Caregiver Journey.
Professional Association of Caregivers Code of Ethics
- I will always treat my clients with kindness and respect.
- I will always arrive at the client’s home on time, preferably 5 minutes before the start of my scheduled hours. If I might be late, I will immediately call.
- I will follow the Plan of Care each day for my client.
- I will maintain a clean and organized home for my client.
- I will never leave my client unattended. If the relief caregiver is late I will immediately call the Care Manager.
- I will address my client by their last name unless they invite me to use their first name.
- I will honor the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality, including their identity, address, and telephone number.
- I will keep my religious beliefs, political choices, or personal issues private and likewise respect my client’s beliefs.
- I will call 911 immediately when there is a medical emergency and then call my senior care company office or Care Manager.
- I will not engage in financial transactions nor intimate relationships with a client or family member.
- I will never use alcohol or illegal drugs as a professional caregiver.
- I will only use my personal mobile phone for calls and texts during rest or break periods.