Online Caregiver Training
Professional Association of Caregivers membership includes basic caregiver training through an online course powered by Caregiver Training University.
The basic caregiver training includes the following topics:
- Caregiver Job Responsibilities and Protocol
- Senior Caregiver Job Description
- Communication Skills
- CARE PLAN and Care Plan Notes and Activities
- Personal Care and Toileting
- Adaptive Equipment for Transfers (Gait Belts and Lifts)
- Basic Hygiene and Basic Infection Control
- Maintaining a Clean, Safe and Healthy Environment
- Basic Personal and Environmental Safety Precautions
- Emergency Procedures, Including Basic First Aid and Client’s Emergency Preparedness Plan
- Confidentiality of Client Personal, Financial and Health Information HIPAA
- Understanding Abuse and Neglect
- Bonus Section: Stroke Care
Join P.A.C. and get online caregiver training.
Professional Association of Caregivers Code of Ethics
Professional Association of Caregivers members agree to follow these ethics as senior caregivers:
- I will always treat my clients with kindness and respect.
- I will always arrive at the client’s home on time, preferably 5 minutes before the start of my scheduled hours. If I might be late, I will immediately call.
- I will follow the Plan of Care each day for my client.
- I will maintain a clean and organized home for my client.
- I will never leave my client unattended. If the relief caregiver is late I will immediately call the Care Manager.
- I will address my client by their last name unless they invite me to use their first name.
- I will honor the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality, including their identity, address, and telephone number.
- I will keep my religious beliefs, political choices, or personal issues private and likewise respect my client’s beliefs.
- I will call 911 immediately when there is a medical emergency and then call my senior care company office or Care Manager.
- I will not engage in financial transactions nor intimate relationships with a client or family member.
- I will never use alcohol or illegal drugs as a professional caregiver.
- I will only use my personal mobile phone for calls and texts during rest or break periods.
Join Professional Association of Caregivers