Professional Association of Caregivers members agree to follow these ethics as senior caregivers:
- I will always treat my clients with kindness and respect.
- I will always arrive at the client’s home on time, preferably 5 minutes before the start of my scheduled hours. If I might be late, I will immediately call.
- I will follow the Plan of Care each day for my client.
- I will maintain a clean and organized home for my client.
- I will never leave my client unattended. If the relief caregiver is late I will immediately call the Care Manager.
- I will address my client by their last name unless they invite me to use their first name.
- I will honor the client’s right to privacy and confidentiality, including their identity, address, and telephone number.
- I will keep my religious beliefs, political choices, or personal issues private and likewise respect my client’s beliefs.
- I will call 911 immediately when there is a medical emergency and then call my senior care company office or Care Manager.
- I will not engage in financial transactions nor intimate relationships with a client or family member.
- I will never use alcohol or illegal drugs as a professional caregiver.
- I will only use my personal mobile phone for calls and texts during rest or break periods.
Join Professional Association of Caregivers